Booking & Camping Procedures
1. Girl Guides of Canada – Lougheed Area meetings, camp committee meetings, trainings, camps or events, weekdays, evenings or weekends are charged as follows:
- Evening Meetings – Lougheed $100.00
- Evening Meetings – Tillicum $80.00
- Evening Meetings – Naka/Serenity/Field $60.00
- Day Use – Lougheed $125.00
- Day Use – Tillicum $100.00
- Day Use – Naka/Serenity/Field $75.00
2. Camp Kanaka Camperships are offered to Girl Guides of Canada – Lougheed Area Districts and Units when booking a site for a weekend, and will be deducted from the minimum per night payment due to the booking agent:
- For Lougheed Area Members only
- For each weekend booking at Camp Kanaka by a District or unit the following campership amounts will be deducted from their rental booking fees:
- Lougheed Lodge …. $150.00 per weekend
- Tillicum …. $125.00 per weekend
- Naka Naka Naka …. $100.00 per weekend
- Serenity …. $ 75.00 per weekend
3. The campsite is not to be used for revenue generation or business purposes. Rentals must only be to Guiding or Scouting groups, or other charitable community groups.
4. Maximum occupancy on Serenity is 16 girls and leader ratio. Maximum occupancy in Lougheed Lodge, including the Totem Inn room, is 56 people. Maximum occupancy in Tillicum is 30 people. Maximum occupancy on Naka Naka Naka is 50 people.
- Due to water system / septic limitations and District of Maple Ridge by-law restrictions, these maximum occupancies must be maintained at all times while using the sites, including use of kitchen and washroom/shower facilities. Any requests for variance to these limits must receive prior approval by Area Council Executive and Campsite Liaison and supplementary kitchen and washroom facilities will be mandatory.
5. Provincial event bookings will follow the same booking and rate policies and procedures as “Out of Area” rate.
6. Camp Kanaka Procedures and Rates are effective for bookings made for the 2016 fiscal year.
7. Lougheed Area and Camp Kanaka pins and crests order form.
8. Area may book at any time for Area events and camps.
9. Province may book at anytime with Area approval.
10. Districts may book from the October 1st on, for District weekend events and camps.
11. Units may book from the October 15th on, for Unit weekend events and camps.
12. Guiding Groups from outside Lougheed Area may book from November 1st on.
13. Non-Guiding Groups may book from January 2nd on, for non-Guiding time during the summer (July 1 – September 15) and
during the week.
14. Non-guiding groups and Guiders and their families who rent the camp for personal use must provide copies of their liability insurance and a License of Agreement with their booking paperwork.
15. Each District and Unit may only initially book one camp/event prior to November 1st. Additional camp/events may be booked on or after November 1st.
16. For all campsite bookings the booking fees and deposits must be paid within two weeks of a booking. Minimum camp fees must be paid four weeks in advance of the event. Final camp fees must be paid one week after camp.
17. Camp Kanaka is to be rented as a non-alcoholic facility. All buildings at Camp Kanaka are designated non-smoking buildings, including the Macy on the Naka Naka Naka site. Smokers are to smoke in the designated areas provided.
18. Vehicles must only park in designated areas assigned to each particular site; cars must not be park on fire access routes or grass fields. Motorhomes are not permitted on site.
19. Groups staying at Camp Kanaka sites must send a representative per site booked to attend a pre-camp site orientation. The representative must be in attendance for the duration of the camp and must be checked in and out by the Caretaker or his designate. Site will be inspected by Campsite Liaison designate, usually Caretaker or other maintenance staff, and approval must be given to release damage/cleaning deposit.
20. Camp Kanaka is to be rented as a no pet’s facility. Working animals trained specifically to assist the blind, deaf or physically disabled are permitted.