Bursaries and Scholarships
A complete list of BC Bursaries, Grants and Scholarships for Adult and Youth Members can be found on the BC Girl Guide website.
Contact the awards committee for further information.
Unlock Your Future (resource centre for student scholarships and bursaries).
Lougheed Area Council Bursary
This Bursary was established by Lougheed to recognize the contributions of active members and to offer financial assistance towards education in a field that will enhance the life of the recipient. Two bursaries of $750.00 each will be awarded each year.
- To further promote the Mission and Principles of the girl Guides of Canada as expressed in Policy Organization and Rules.
- To encourage education/training for members of Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada at a post-secondary institution.
- To increase awareness of Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada in the community.
To be eligible for this bursary the Applicant must:
- Be a registered, active member of Girl Guides of Canada, Lougheed Area.
- Applicant is seeking a post-secondary education or training at a vocational school, community college, technical institute, junior college or university.
- This Bursary is conditional upon acceptance at the institution of the Applicant’s choice and will be awarded only when proof of registration has been received.
- The Bursary must be used within 18 months of presentation date.
- The recipient is encouraged to continue her involvement in Guiding in whatever way possible.
- The recipient must agree to have her name and photograph publicized.
- The applicant may receive the bursary once as a girl and once as an adult member, but not consecutively.
Candidates will be evaluated on her:
- Guiding involvement
- Volunteer and Service involvement
- Additional interests and activities
- Confidential recommendation from within Guiding
- Confidential recommendation from outside Guiding
- Applicant’s letter on how Guiding has enriched her life and influenced her future plans
The deadline for the receipt of the application and supporting documents is May 15 each year.