FAQs for Unified Banking

Main Content

Treasurers use your UB resources on Memberzone.  If you can’t find it, or have a question; come to us directly. 

Thanks, Your UB Champions – Nancy, Sandy and Darlene (email [email protected] )

1) Why are the expense amounts that I see on the Balance Report (Statement of Revenue and Expenses) different than the amounts on the receipts that were entered?

The expense amounts that you see on the Balance Report have been reduced by the amount of the GST Tax Rebate (50% for most expenses and 100% for expenses related to taxable activities). These tax rebates have been applied to each transaction at the time it is verified by the Unified Banking staff. If you want to check the amounts, the GST rebates are shown for each transaction on the Transaction Report for Expenses in Column M.

2) How do we change Treasurers, either mid-year and at the end of the Guiding Year?
  • use the Authorization Form for both of these actions
  • present Treasurer cancels her position; and the new Treasurer applies as the new Treasurer
  • same form for P-Cards – reminder – August 28th, P-Cards are closed, until the new user is identified (again, year-end is August 31).
  • and as a reminder; the former treasurer should not cancel until the new person is ready to take over. I’ve had a couple of situations where the former canceled, then left the Unit without anyone able to access the account to keep things up to date.
3) How long do we keep receipts?
  • when Units complete the Year-End reconciliation for Unified Banking; UB Staff will verify that all paperwork has been downloaded, all receipts attached, expenses and revenue have been allocated, cookies accounted for, etc.  Once you receive notification that your account and year-end report is verified, you can then shred all receipts.  No need to keep receipts for 7 years.

UB Champions will be looking into this further, so we can assist you in being prepared for the year-end reconciliation.

4)  How should Units forward CWFF?

as Unified Banking Champions, we recommend Units transfer CWFF funds collected to their District.  This will ensure District Treasurers are able to keep track of who has collected and who has not.  The District Treasurer can then transfer funds directly to Province.


  1. Select “Transactions”;
  2. Select “Transfer”;
  3. Select “New Transfer”;
  4. Select “Unit/District to Unit/District”; from your Unit select Revenue collected CWFF funds, to Revenue CWFF collected to your District; use the Comments Box to explain the transfer; Reminders for CWFF – Revenue collected from parents – allocate as Dues for online payments; revenue – “CWFF collected” completed by Unit Treasurer

For District Treasurers – To Transfer to Province – The District Treasurer can transfer using Unit/District to Province/Area by following the same process.  When you select this, you will notice the “To” section of the transfer disappears, that’s because Provinces and Areas aren’t on the UB system. Also, the choice of Revenue, Expense, or Other disappears as well.


  1. Select “Transactions”;
  2. Select “Transfer”;
  3. Select “New Transfer”;
  4. Select Expense – CWFF – Transfer to Province”.
  5. Insert the amount to be transferred.  Again, add in comments you want to include, and it’s suggested to include the Province/AreaGL code if you know it, but it’s not necessary.
  6. Save, and done.
5) How should I allocate the Collecting of Facility Fees from Parents?
  • with online payments – use DUES, and use the comment box to add some sort of notes in the comment section to indicate that this is facility fees and family name
  • Facility fees – Transfer to District – When the Unit Treasurer transfers to the District they will select “Revenue” as the type and use the same category – Dues for both the Unit and District sides of the transaction. This will take the revenue out of the Unit and move it to be reported as revenue for the District.** note – UB is supposed to be modifying an account so that we can track facility fees but it hasn’t been done yet and it’s been suggested to me that it will likely not happen until the next Guiding year.
  • Reminders for Facility Fees – Revenue collected from parents – allocate as Dues for online payments; as revenue –  use the comment box to advise revenue collected is “Facility Fees”.
6) Sometimes the amount showing as tax on the Expenses input screen is different than what I see on the receipt for p-card transactions. Why does this happen and should it be fixed?

Sometimes, especially when purchases are made that include food items or from stores that sell food items, the taxes that are automatically calculated by the system when the p-card transactions are transferred into the system will not be accurate as the system “guesses” at the amount that would be tax. It is important to fix these tax differences so that the rebate is correctly applied and your expenses are reported accurately. To fix these items, alter the amounts for each of GST and PST in the bottom part of the input screen so they are the same as the tax amounts on the expense receipt. You may also need to correct the Net Amount at the top once the tax amounts have been corrected. In the example, the bottom section originally reported a tax as only $1.62 GST, so the $1.54 GST and $1.87 PST had to be entered into the bottom section to equal the $3.41 total tax from the receipt, and the top section altered to that amount as well, and the net amount needed to be changed to $30.76 to equal the $34.17 gross amount minus the $3.41 total tax.
It is also important to check your manual expenses comparing the tax breakdown on the receipt agrees with the breakdown between the GST and PST at the bottom of the screen.