4 Simple Steps to Recognizing Your Fellow Guiding Members!
- Decide who you would like to nominate for awards, and which awards they should receive A simple overview of different awards can be found here:
All About Awards
- Find fellow Guiding members, girl members, or parents to help provide supporting letters
Most awards require two supporting letters in addition to a letter from the nominator
- Fill out the Lougheed Area Awards Nomination Form as the nominator
Make sure that those who are supporting your nomination also fill out the form, and select that they are the supporters
Lougheed Area Awards Nomination Form
- Have the nominator fill out the R3 Awards form (accessed by double-clicking the icon below) and email to [email protected]
For more information about awards, bursaries, and informal recognition email Carissa Konesky at [email protected]
Lougheed Area Awards Support Letters
To help you prepare, these are the questions we ask in the online form. Additionally, if you prefer to submit your letter via email or submit a scanned hand-written letter, these are the question you should address in your letter:
- Why are you nominating/supporting this Guider’s award nomination?
- Give five (5) words or phrases that best describe this Guider.
- My favourite experience working with her is…
- Describe how she has made a positive impact in the lives of girls and/or Guiders.
- How does she demonstrate her commitment to Guiding?
Don’t Forget! You still need to email a completed R.3 Awards Application form to the Area Awards Specialist to officially start the awards nomination process.
Award Nomination Deadlines
For awards presented at you District Advancement – Deadline April 15
For awards presented on a different occasion, please contact the Area Awards Specialist to arrange a suitable deadline.
Provincial and National Awards
In addition to the Lougheed Area Awards, Girl and Adult members of Girl Guides of Canada are also eligible for Provincial Awards and National Awards as highlighted in Member Zone under “Opportunities” > “Recognition” > “Member Awards”.
BC Leadership Spirit Award
There is a new BC Award for youth and Link members.
Bursaries and Scholarships
We will be awarding two Lougheed Area Bursaries, the Donna Kayor Bursay, and the Paddy Mantle Bursary for 2022.
Bursaries and scholarships are open to girls and adult members who are pursuing full-time or part-time post-secondary education at a recognized college, university, or trades program. Whether you’re studying engineering, education, political science, or anything in between, there’s a bursary or scholarship that is right for you!
Ideas for Informal Thanks
There are many ways to thank the Guiders you work with for the great things they do in Guiding. Informal Gifts of Thanks are fun ways to show gratitude at meetings, for special occasions, or just because your Guiders are AWESOME!