Bursaries and Scholarships
We will be awarding two Lougheed Area Bursaries, the Donna Kayor Bursay, and the Paddy Mantle Bursary for 2022.
A complete list of BC Bursaries, Grants, and Scholarships for Adult and Youth Members can be found on the BC Girl Guide website.
Contact the awards committee for further information.
Unlock Your Future (resource center for student scholarships and bursaries).
Lougheed Area Council Bursary
This Bursary was established by Lougheed to recognize the contributions of active members and to offer financial assistance towards education in a field that will enhance the life of the recipient. Two bursaries of $750.00 each will be awarded each year.
Donna Kaytor Bursary
This Bursary was established in 1992 at a Division level as the “Burke Mountain Bursary” and at the dissolution of the Division, the funds were transferred to Lougheed Area and re-named to honor the last Burke Mountain Commissioner. Each year one $750.00 Bursary is awarded to a graduating girl or adult member where their iMIS home is any one of the following Districts: Chimo, Hyde Creek, or Eagle Mountain and are pursuing post-secondary education.
Paddy Mantle Bursary
Established in 1995 at the Division level, and at the dissolution of the Division, the funds were transferred to Lougheed Area. Each year one $750.00 Bursary to awarded to an active girl or adult member where their iMIS home is any one of the following Districts: Pitt Meadows, Haney, or Alouette, and are pursuing post-secondary education.
- To recognize the contributions of active members and to offer financial assistance towards education in a field that will enhance the life of the recipient.
- To further promote the Mission and Principles of the Girl Guides of Canada – Guides du Canada.
- To encourage education/training for members of Girl Guides of Canada – Guides du Canada at a post-secondary institution.
- To increase awareness of Girl Guides of Canada – Guides du Canada in the community.
To be eligible for this bursary the Applicant must:
- Be a registered, active member of Girl Guides of Canada – Guides du Canada, Lougheed Area.
- Be planning to attend any public or private post-secondary institution (vocational school, community college, technical institute, junior college or university) within Canada.
- This Bursary is conditional upon acceptance at the institution of the Applicant’s choice and will be awarded only when proof of registration has been received.
- The Bursary must be used within 18 months of the presentation date.
- The recipient is encouraged to continue her involvement in Guiding in whatever way possible.
- The recipient must agree to have her name and photograph publicized.
- The applicant may receive the bursary once as a girl and once as an adult member, but not consecutively.
Candidates will be evaluated on her:
- Guiding involvement
- Volunteer and Service involvement
- Additional interests and activities
- Confidential recommendation from within Guiding
- Confidential recommendation from outside Guiding
- Applicant’s letter on how Guiding has enriched her life, influenced her personal growth, and how it has shaped her future plans
Guidelines for References