Guiding in the Community Photo Contest
This year, Guiding looks a little different and we want to highlight Guiders who are coming up with safe, creative ways to present the Girls First program. We want to inspire other Guiders and show the community how are we are adapting in these unprecedented times with a photo contest!
Guiding is looking different this year, and Lougheed Area Girl Guides is stepping up to the challenge! We want to celebrate the Guiders who are encouraging new and fun ways to run Girls First programming and share in the sisterhood of Guiding with their units.
Over the next four months (September to December 2020), Lougheed Area PR is launching its Guiding in the Community Photo Contest, so we can:
- highlight how Guiding is operating during these unprecedented times;
- show parents and the community that we are still having fun and running meetings; and
- inspire each other with program ideas and ways to support locals.
All you have to do is share a photo of your unit’s activities (masked up and socially distanced, of course) with a short description of what you are doing and where. We will feature the activities on the Lougheed Area Facebook page and on our website. All entries submitted at the end of each month will be entered into a draw, and two winners will get a $5 Starbucks gift card.
How to participate in three easy steps
- Take a photo of your unit activity. The activity should highlight: the Girls First program, you’re your unit is sharing in the sisterhood of Guiding, and/or Guiding in the community.
- Write a short description. Your description should summarize the activity you’re doing and wherein the community it took place.
- Email your name, unit name, photo, and description to [email protected] with the subject: Guiding in the Community Photo Contest.
- This contest will run from September to December 2020.
- By emailing your photo submission, you are confirming that the members in the photo have signed image releases (IR.1).
- Winners will be announced a week after the end of each month.
- Guiders can submit multiple times during each month.
- All photo/description entries submitted during the month will be entered into the monthly prize draw.
- Winners will be contacted using the email from their submission.
Contact [email protected]